Monday, October 20, 2008

wish?

I remember wishing that I were part of some dramatic story because it would make me interesting and worth something. I actually day dreamed that while saving the girl of my dreams, the train that was about to crush her would somehow cut off the fat of my belly as I dove away after ripping her from the tracks, thus leaving me a recuperating hero, a victim and skinnier all at the same time.
We love the idea of having a situation being thrown upon us like a bucket of cold water. All the movies cater to this idea that true heroism comes from victimhood. In reality, I'm much more likely to lose weight by dieting and exercising and will probably find that the girl of my dreams just wants a nice stable guy with very few if any strings attached. (as a matter of fact...)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Waddell said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger annalee said...

Thank you for rescuing me, even though I have a few injuries to recover from. You are my bucket of cold water and the strings attached hardly show when you turn to the side....

xoxoxo

October 21, 2008 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger annalee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 21, 2008 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Ammon said...

You're not alone in these strange daydreams that are silly and kind of embarrassing.

October 23, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you guys were closer. I miss game night, late night conversations half falling asleep on the living room floor, seeing your works in progress and feeling your inspiration. I wish our kids could grow up together. You have a tremendous talent and the world should see it. I just wish you could share it from somewhere a little closer to home. I love and miss you guys.

October 28, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home