Monday, October 27, 2008

"Things That Changed My Life"

I will always remember when I spoke with Virgil standing in the basement of an old church turned foundry. It was filthy and charming all at the same time. But not really. We spent much time there working and listening to music that I didn't like with smells and sounds that I didn't like. There were small dramas and funny, dangerous moments that gave us all the willy's to remember, the kind that are potentially very painful. And sometimes they did happen. I have scars (not emotional) and Virgil has scars. Somehow the vegan didn't get any. It was in no way a family, just dirty guys talking sometimes amidst filth and noise. And then Virgil changed my life.
I told him how sleepless my nights were with babies and bladder relief. He suggested I sit down thus relieving the need for any seeing and guess work even barely waking to relieve myself and continuing my restful night. I'll always be glad that I listened.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zak Nyberg said...

The vegan? Huh. Too bad I never said anything that changed your life... I could have told you to sit down. How come you only remember the bad times there? Oh, yeah, you were only there in the dungeon for the bad times. Wait, what about the $1000 cash you got after only a few months on the jobby? Sheesh, took me two years of skills to get that same amount. I miss you Chris.

October 28, 2008 at 1:59 AM  
Blogger Ammon said...

I learned the same lesson when my commander (at the time a major in the army) let me stay at his parents house one night. He told us that growing up his mom hated cleaning up the bathroom after the boys so she trained them to sit. He never new differently until he went to high school.

October 29, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home