Sunday, February 15, 2009

Three Little Mexicans

In the early morning hours at Fulton St on the A,C train route, there are three Mexicans, all shorter then my wife of 5' 4", the first playing Spanish guitar, the second some sort of penny whistle or recorder and the third a full sized acoustic guitar that would cause me to mistake him for a child except he has a full blown mustachio.
I saw them at 6:30 one morning setting up with an amplifier and some other various accoutrements while a woman, apparently connected intimately with one of the musicians, waited until they were settled before kissing and saying goodbye as though they were working regular jobs.
The melodies are divine. I don't mind if they play El Condor Pasa time and time again slightly out of tune, they play with the heart of a matador from the moment they begin.
I can't help but smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ammon said...

I always forget that there are lots of things in my everyday life that were once new and interesting. I hope the three little Mexicans never become boring to you.

February 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home