Thursday, October 30, 2008

Black Ribbon

In the second or third grade I won a black ribbon for coming in 6th place in the 100 m dash. There were six runners. I don't remember, but I imagine I was one of those kids who showed up either in jeans or some awkward effeminate looking shorts, not because of the shorts but because of the shape of my legs. I don't remember the shoes either. But I wouldn't be surprised if nurses of the 80's bought the same shoes.
There was nothing in particular about the early afternoon air. I was sure I would lose, I mean win the black ribbon.
I kept the ribbon for years in my "memories" box.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ammon said...

Which is better, the white ribbon, or the black? I had a lot of whities in my "memory" box but I couldn't remember what they were for so I threw them away.

October 31, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home